STEEL-GREY is a compact cotton/polyester/stainless-steel fabric for HF+LF shielding. Typical application as curtain, floor mat, blanket, to incorporate in furniture (beds), room dividers, or with reservations as low priced clothing or bedding.
Important: For clothing the steel threads aren´t as soft on the skin as of silver fabrics, it feels like a scratchy woollen sweater. Tip: Wear a pyjama in bedding or a sleeping bag made from Steel-Grey, then nothing scratches! Or use it for under-bedding.
- Good screening attenuation, even at high frequencies!
- Excellent cost/performance ratio
- Contactable (groundable) to shield LF electric fields
- Textile characteristics: Washable, easy to iron and process
- Quality grade: Very high
Attenuation / Grounding
- This product shields high frequency electromagnetic fields (HF). The indicated dB-values apply to 1 GHz, view chart for other frequencies. Laboratory report ranging from 40/600 MHz to 40 GHz according to standards ASTM D4935-10 or IEEE Std 299-2006, view report above.
- This product with an electrically conductive surface shields low-frequency alternating electric fields (LF). For this purpose a grounding is necessary, i.e. an integration into the functional-equipotential bonding (FEB), please find suitable grounding accessories under “EMF Shielding Grounding Accessories“