YSHIELD® NSF34 Low frequency EMF shielding paint for electric fields (LF) only. No magnetic fields are shielded. Breathable, solvent-free, plasticizer-free and low-emission.
Special paint with a focus on low frequency electrical fields. Up to 80 dB = 99,99% shielding effectiveness. TÜV-SÜD certified. Shields solely low frequency electrical fields (e.g., from devices, power supply lines, fuse boxes, etc.). It has a phenomenally high adhesive tensile strength, even with the most difficult substrates. This paint is very finely pigmented, very easy to process and forms an even film.
Attenuation dB / %
10 dB = 90 % EMF Shielding
20 dB = 99 % EMF Shielding
30 dB = 99.9 % EMF Shielding
40 dB = 99.99 % EMF Shielding
50 dB = 99.999 % EMF Shielding
60 dB = 99.9999% EMF Shielding
- Screening attenuation: Single layer up to 80 dB = 99.99 % (depending on quality of grounding).
- Common: Our shielding paints, shielding with carbons have many advantages, see common characteristics (below).
- Application (coverage): Interior (7.5 m²/l), exterior (5 m²/l).
- Substrates: Interior and exterior: Excellent adhesion on almost all substrates like existing emulsion paints, sheetrock, wallpaper, cement, plaster, masonry, wood, etc.
- Top coating: Preferably covered with plastic bonded, water-based emulsion paints, dispersion silicate paints, facade paints or silicon resin paints. Not applicable are pure mineral paints (clay, loam, chalk, silicate). Due to the high adhesive tensile strength (to ETAG 004 for EIFS-systems, minimum 0.08 N/mm²), applicable directly under pure organic plaster, no mineral plasters!
- Ingredients: Pure acrylic dispersion, graphite, water, carbon black, additives, preservative (MIT, INN, BIT).
- VOC-content: 0.20g/l (the EU limit value for category A/a is 30 g/l from 2010).
- Sd-value: 0.1 m.
- Ph-value: 8.
- Adhesive tensile strength: 12.2 N/mm².
- Shelf life: 12 months.
- Colour: Black.
- Grounding: Must be grounded! We recommend interior the Grounding tape GSX plus Grounding plate GS3, with Grounding cable GL-200 Plugged into Grounding plate tube-GT/Attach to heating pipes or Grounding plug GP1 – (German & French) also available: (UK) Earth plug GPG , exterior the Fibre additive AF3 plus the Grounding plate GF4 with Exterior grounding rod(meter length)
Delivery Time: Usually between 2 – 4 business days
YSHIELD shielding paints can be applied for all purpose. Compared to wallpapers, fleeces or nettings they are easy to apply, All paints are best applied with a paint roller.
Perfect corrosion resistance
Our shielding paints do not contain any metals but a mixture of carbons instead. That’s why our shielding paints are chemically stable and permanent corrosion-free, even in damp environment.
Emissions VOC / PAH
Our shielding paints are tested regularly from the TÜV-SÜD on the content of VOC (volatile organic compounds) and PAH (polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons). 1) The actual VOC limit is 30 g/l, our paints contain only 0.1 g/l to 1 g/l. 2) The recommended PAH limit (for category 1) is 0.2 mg/kg. Our paints contain 0.002 mg/kg, so they are 100 times below the limit for children toys.
Any kind of aqueous paint must be preserved. Controversial, is the use of Isothiazolinone- compounds, referring to CIT only. CIT is not contained in our paints. Further to this we reject preservation with BIT/silver, like utilized in eco-paints, as we don’t want to use nanosilver.
Our shielding paints are developed in accordance with strict ecological criteria. We use, for example, the carbon black with the lowest emission possible on the market and untreated natural graphite. We consciously do not use graphene, a nanomaterial where the hazard potential is still completely unknown.
We have our shielding paints monitored by TÜV-SÜD. The whole production process including quality control, emission behaviour and economical use of preserving agents is subject to monitoring. Please find the certificate above at the downloads.